BlogHer10 was an awesome experience! I encountered numerous opportunities to learn and share. I walked away exhausted and excited at the same time. Without getting into too many details, here is a list of gifts and blessings captured during the conference:
- Met a group of inspiring women, Latinas I admire -too many to name individually- who care about a wide range of issues and blog about what is on their minds.
- Initiated important conversations with two major companies that may lead to long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Introduced LATISM to three brand agents that were seeking a connection with the Latin/Hispanic community online.
- Discovered new and fascinating details about the results of LATISM Bloguera survey latism.org
- Learned about the art of doing business in the virtual world, from marketing myself to monetizing my efforts.
- Was deeply encouraged by the activism of Esra'a Al Shafei of MideastYouth.com
- Felt revived by the spiritual strength of Susan Niebur as she read "In the name of awareness" from her blog toddlerplanet.wordpress.com
- Connected with Change Agents at different levels especially with Cate Cameron of Waves of Change: makewavescofchange.org
- Typed for my fellow blogger using the mechanical typewriter pictured above! I felt humbled and appreciative at the thought of having used one of these to learn to type and being here blogging online.
Note to self: Do not eat sushi at midnight.